MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2016
RENTAL CAR LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER – WHY YOU SHOULD BUY IT
Call today to talk to an insurance professional at 740-264-2003 to find out if you are fully protected.For more information on auto insurance coverage click here.
- You avoid a claim on your policy which can follow you for 3-5 years for rating purposes.
- A standard personal auto policy does not include language to pay for diminished value charged by the rental company. This is money the rental company can charge you for their determination of diminution in value to the vehicle you have rented and damaged.
- A standard personal auto policy does not include language to pay for the loss of use charged by the rental company. This is money the rental company can charge you for the daily loss of rental income on the vehicle you damaged while it is being fixed in the shop.
- A standard personal auto policy does not include language to pay for administrative fees charged by the rental company for damage to the vehicle.
- If you rent your vehicle with a major credit card, sometimes there is a “perk” from that card that might pay for the physical damage and loss of use to a rental vehicle. However, there is still the pesky issue of diminished value and administrative fees.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.